UPDATE: THE GIVEAWAY HAS COME TO A CLOSE, AND OUR RANDOM WINNER SELECTION SPELL PLUCKED LYNN DOE FROM BUCKINGHAMSHIRE FROM THE ETHER. CONGRATULATIONS LYNN!
TIME EXTEND! CLOSING DATE HAS BEEN MOVED BACK 48 HOURS. YOU NOW HAVE UNTIL 18:00 UK TIME SUNDAY 15TH FEBRUARY TO ENTER! [competition has now ended]
As we make sure to point out whenever Gioteck is mentioned within these hallowed pages, Gioteck’s Community Manager, Steven Gurevitz, was once upon a time a regular contributor to Critical Gamer. Much to our sadness, the time came when he simply didn’t have the spare time to write for us and work for one of the world’s largest third party videogame peripheral companies. Bafflingly, he chose to devote his time to the people who paid him with money rather than love. But! Our loss could prove to be your gain, as Steven has very kindly donated an HC4 headset for us to give away to one lucky individual.
If the mere mention of an HC4 has you so excited that you can’t wait to see if you win, you can buy one with legal tender, perhaps at Amazon here. However, if you’re feeling lucky punk (and live in the UK), then enter our giveaway! It’s terribly simple, and requires very little thinking or effort. Here’s what ya do: First, make sure that you’re following both @GioteckArmy and @Critical_Gamer on the Twitter. Next, send an ‘e mail’ (electronic mail) to competitions[at]criticalgamer[dot]co[dot]uk with ‘HC4 comp’ in the subject line. Make sure your name, county (not country!) and Twitter handle are included in the e mail and… that’s it! One lucky fellow or lass will be chosen at random
after 18:00 UK time on Friday 13th February, and shall be informed of their ironic good fortune within 48 hours. NOTE: CLOSING DATE HAS BEEN MOVED BACK – SEE TOP OF PAGE
We hope to have a review of the headset (with full disclosure of our relationship with the manufacturer) published before the competition ends but, until then, a few facts about the Gioteck HC4. 1) It is made entirely out of a rare cheese*. 2) Wearing it allows you to smell hedgehogs from a great distance*. 3) The volume down button on one in every 1000 units is actually a self-destruct button*. 4) If you wear it when falling asleep, Les Dennis will appear in your dreams*. 5) It was developed using alien technology*.
*Not true. Not true at all.
Terms and Conditions
- Only entrants with a UK address are eligible to enter this competition.
- The prize on offer is one (1) Gioteck HC4 headset compatible with PS4, PC, and Xbox One (separate adapters required for full functionality on PC and Xbox One)
- No alternative prize shall be offered. The prize, provided by Gioteck for the purposes of this promotion, is non-returnable.
- Entries must be received no later than Sunday 15th February 18:00 GMT. The winner shall be informed shortly after this date via e mail.
- One entry per person.
- The winner will be announced on this website, via an update to this post.
- Employees of Critical Gamer or Gioteck, any and all companies involved in the development and manufacture of the Gioteck HC4, and their families are not eligible to enter.
- Anybody found to have breached any of these terms and conditions shall have their entry/entries disqualified.
- The decision of the Critical Gamer administration in all matters pertaining to this competition is final.