Futuristic warzone shooter Killzone looks like it is getting another sequel with some juicy information on the third outing in the latest issue of Gamepro. According to a poster over at the Gamespot UK forums, the mag apparently includes the following details:
- Will show the Helghast have humanity left in them.
- Will have the feeling that “of being in a place far away from home, outnumbered by people who want to kill you.”
- All of the characters in the screenshots are flying in… jetpacks?!
- Will include arctic levels.
- One mission in the game involves rescuing ISA Captain Narville.
- Game is playable in 3D!
- Have to wear 3D glasses (if you want to play in 3D, it is optional), apparently the 3D effects are “crazy.”
- Combat is “unchanged from predecessor.”
- Or is it? Hand to hand combat involves you “Unloading a string of different (and often brutal) attacks on stunned enemies.”
- The scale is supposed to be “bigger this time.”
- The Jetpacks are “surprisingly lightweight and agile, Killzone 3’s jetpack is easier to manoeuvre compared to the sluggish incarnations of the gadget found in other games.”
- New weapon called the Wasp, basically shoots a “flurry of rockets” at an enemy.
- Will show off the Helghast culture.
- There is actually a Helghast language, which will be explored in the game.
- Will have “diverse locales.”
- 3D in this game is called a “Game Changer.”
- Going to have “Intense Action”
- Jetpacks double as a weapon, which basically means a machine gun mounted right on top of it.
- If you shoot Helghast with jetpacks, they’ll “explode like roman candles”
- To control the jetpack, you “have to activate bursts of speed in midair, propelling yourself across further distances.”
- The Jetpack resembles something you’d do in platformers such as Super Mario Bros. or Uncharted.
- In one mission, you have to use the jetpack by “launching yourself from glacier to glacier”
- Everything is more spread out in this game.
- The game looks very complete.
- Guerilla wants a deeper conflict.
Looks like we have a lot to be excited about for Killzone 3. Who’s looking forward to jetpack kill sprees and 3D, brutal hand to hand combat? It has also been revealed that Naughty Dog have been involved with some of the graphical tinkering. Hopefully we’ll get another glimpse at E3. Fingers crossed.
Spotted on VG247